LARA FARHAT, DO
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- New York Allergy and Asthma Society
- American Thoracic Society
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, New York, NY
- BA – Rutgers University, Newark College of Arts and Sciences, Newark, NJ
- Allergy / Immunology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Pediatric Pulmonology, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY
- Pediatric Chief Resident, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, Paterson, NJ
- BRIDGING BRONCHUS (PSEUDOCARINA) AND LEFT PULMONARY ARTERY SLING: A CASE
REPORT AND LITERATURE REVIEW – Int J Otorhinolaryngol. 2020 Jun:110158.
Yang CJ, Yang C, Farhat L, Gray RT, Barraza GY, Peek GJ, Shifteh K.
- SECONDARY HYPOGAMMAGLOBULINEMIA AFTER RITUXIMAB FOR NEUROMYELITIS OPTICA- A CASE REPORT- Drug Saf Case Rep. 2018 Dec; 5:22. Farhat L, Dara J, Duberstein S, De A.
- EARLY PEANUT INTRODUCTION: KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT PRACTICES OF INNTER CITY
PARENTS – March 15, 2020-Poster Presentation– American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Annual Meeting
Farhat L, Hanono M, Nagarajan S, Harriz R, Vastardi M.
- DRESS SYNDROME DEMYSTIFIED USING PATCH TESTING- November 9, 2019-
Poster Presentation– American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Annual Meeting
Farhat L, Vastardi, M.
- OMALIZUMAB: A PREVIOUSLY UNREPORTED SIDE EFFECT OF THERPY- May 22, 2018-
Thematic Poster Session– American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting
Farhat L, Bernstein L, Rastogi D, Bidiwala A.
- 10 MONTH OLD WITH RECURRENT CROUP- May 23, 2017-Pediatric Clinical Chest Rounds- American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting
Farhat L, Yang C, Peek G, Shifteh K, Barraza, G.
- NEUROMYELITIS OPTICA WITH RECURRENT PNEUMONIAS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYEMay 23, 2017- Thematic Poster Session– American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting Farhat L, Dara J, De A.
FELLOWSHIP RESEARCH PROJECT
Early Peanut Introduction: Knowledge and Current Practices of Inner-City Parents
• Survey parents of patients seen in general pediatric clinics at SUNY Downstate Medical Center
• Assess parental knowledge of peanut introduction guidelines in association with socioeconomic variables
• Institute quality improvement measures to improve early peanut introduction
FELLOWSHIP RESEARCH PROJECT
Allergic Sensitization and Pulmonary Function Among Obese and Healthy-weight Children with Asthma
• Retrospectively review pediatric patients treated in the Asthma Center at the Children’s Hospital at
• Determine if there is a difference in atopic sensitization patterns between obese children with asthma and
healthy-weight children with asthma as they relate to lung function.
Allergy & Asthma Care of New York accepts most insurance plans.
If you have any questions for the NYC allergists or would like to schedule a consultation with the best in class pediatric allergist please feel free to contact Allergy & Asthma Care of New York (212) 964-1295 or (212) 759-8644 and indicate which NYC office (Financial District, Gramercy, Midtown) you would like to be seen.