One woman in the U.K. who is allergic to nuts was left paralyzed and brain damaged after accidentally eating nuts at a restaurant—and her family is speaking out about her experience.

Amy May and her parents Sue and Roger recently went on the British show ITV This Morning to talk about the devastating incident. According to Sue, Amy was on a trip to Budapest with her friends in 2014 when she ordered a meal at a restaurant. Amy, who was 26 at the time, told the wait staff about her allergy, showed them an allergy information card printed in the local language that said she had a potentially fatal allergy, and was assured several times that the food she ordered was nut-free. Unfortunately, it wasn’t.

Read More: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/peanut-allergy-paralyzed