Dr. Susanna Silverman is Board Certified by the American Board of Allergy & Immunology as well as the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Silverman completed her undergraduate education at Harvard University, followed by Medical School at the NYU School of Medicine. She completed her Internal Medicine residency at NYU Langone Medical Center and her Allergy & Immunology Fellowship at the Hospital for the University of Pennsylvania. She treats both adults and children for allergy (penicillin, food, seasonal) , asthma & immunological conditions. Dr. Silverman tailors her evaluation and treatment of each patient to fit their specific needs. Her unique experience allows her to get to the bottom of even the most complicated symptoms.
EDUCATION AND MEDICAL TRAINING
- University of Pennsylvania Health System, Allergy and Immunology Fellowship
- New York University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine Residency
- New York University School of Medicine, Medical School
- Harvard University, Undergraduate
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology, 2015
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 2012
- New York University Langone Medical Center
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- New York Allergy and Asthma Society
- English, Spanish
- Silverman S, Localio R, Apter AJ. Association between chronic urticaria and self-reported penicillin allergy. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. 2016 Jan; 116(4): 317-320.
- Gupta M, Jafri K, Sharim R, Silverman S, Sindher SB, Shahane A, Kwan M. Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome associated with biologic therapy. Current Allergy and Asthma Reports. 2015 Feb; 15(2): 499.
- Silverman S, Apter A. Prevalence of chronic urticaria in adult patients with self-reported penicillin allergy. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2015 Feb; 135(2): Supplement, AB385. (Abstract).
- Silverman S, Bassett C, Rothstein R. The Potential Benefit of Immunotherapy in the Treatment of Eosinophilic Esophagitis in Adult Patients. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2012 Feb; 129 (2): Supplement, AB956. (Abstract).
- Silverman S, Bassett C, Rothstein E. Dysphagia, Stricture, and Family History in 45 Adult Patients with Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. 2011 Nov; 107 (5): Supplement 1. (Abstract).
- Silverman S, Bassett C, Rothstein E. Association between Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Food Allergy, and Airborne Allergy in a Cohort of 45 Adult Patients. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. 2011 Nov; 107 (5): Supplement 1. (Abstract).
Allergy & Asthma Care of New York accepts most insurance plans.
If you have any questions for the NYC allergists or would like to schedule a consultation with the allergists please feel free to contact Allergy & Asthma Care of New York (212) 964-1295 or (212) 759-8644 and indicate which NYC office (Financial District, Gramercy) you would like to be seen.