Whether you are affected by a food allergy or environmental allergy, we offer the immediate care and attention you need. Our allergy and immunology specialists will work closely with you, your family and your doctor to develop the best treatments and the most effective solutions. We provide a comprehensive approach that uncovers the cause of your allergy while providing the best solutions. We provide a complete range of services to help our patients resolve their concerns.
I have suffered from HORRIBLE allergies my entire life, and all the inconveniences that accompany them. (such as, “But why can’t you sleep at my house with my cat? I totally vacuum!”) I thought I was pretty much in for a life full of pet avoidance and pet owner avoidance and then I found Dr. Bassett’s office. After confirming all of my life-long suspicions with a basic scratch test (severe allergies include: housedust, dust mites, cats, dogs, horses, oak and other trees, all grasses, and most weeds. As luck would have it, I am not allergic to birds, cows, or cockroaches. Woo!), the situation looked pretty hopeless.
Dr. Bassett told me that my symptoms could be at least significantly reduced by immunotherapy (allergy shots), but I could avoid shots all together and avoid having to pay an office visit co-pay weekly by electing the drops! So I did. I am no longer an allergy suffer and I can sleep at anyone’s house that I want to. Thank you – you changed my life! ~YELP
Most allergies are brought under control by a combination of these three treatment methods:
- Allergen Avoidance
- Desensitization in the form of Allergy Shorts or Allergy Drops
Evaluation and Treatments Including:
- Injections (Shots): Allergy injections contain the natural protein extracts of the allergens to which you are allergic. By giving very small doses of the natural allergen protein, allergy shots stimulate the immune system. By slowly increasing the amount of allergen given, the shots teach your immune system to tolerate exposure to allergens in the environment. This tolerance protects you the next time you are exposed to these allergens and can help reduce or even eliminate your allergy symptoms.
- Sublingual Immunotherapy: Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT), often called ‘allergy drops’, is a new and exciting alternative to traditional allergy shots. SLIT uses allergens administered in a liquid or tablet form under the tongue to achieve immune changes similar to that seen with allergy shots.
- Prescription Medications: Your allergist may prescribe medication to manage your condition. In addition to antibiotics, we offer innovative and effective medical therapies, such as topical steroid medications.
We have state of the art evaluation, painless allergy testing, and treatment for:
- Environmental allergies: seasonal, indoor, and pet
- Food and spice allergies
- Oral allergy syndrome
- Insect allergies and bites
- Skin allergies
- Eye allergies
- Drug or medication allergies
- Allergic/Anaphylactic reactions
- Sinus problems and infections
- Asthma and cough
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Latex Allergies
We are now part of Schweiger Dermatology Group.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation please feel free to contact us at (212) 260-6078 for Gramercy or (212) 964-1295 for Financial District.